Thursday, March 17, 2005

Saw Uncle Bob (Martin) drive this Wiki-based acceptance-test thingie around this afternoon, was very impressed. Your QA and business analysis people create "tests" -- really test specifications -- by editing tables in a wiki. Then the programmers throw on some really dead-nuts simple driver classes that call into the appropriate parts of the software under test.

Push the big button: Yellow if something's missing or broken (e.g., test not yet written), red if the test runs but fails, green if it goes. Compose tests on pages; compose pages into sets of pages; compose sets into whatever hierarchical nightmare your greedy little brain desires.

I want this! fitnesse.org

10:55 PM

6 comments:

at 2:04 AM Anonymous said...

One good resource for software development and many more free software alternatives is Software4YourSuccess.com
Yes it is my site and I would love for you to drop by for a second. From there you will have free access to several of my products such as The Marketing Toolbar (which is goldmine of information on how to do things quickly and on the cheap, thus saving you time and money).
Also for webmasters I have created Webmaster Wizards, which will help you with almost every aspect of putting code on your site from things such as legal and privacy disclaimers to popunders. I have so much content and free software there I could fill up this whole blog, so check it out Thanks, Sincerely Rob Rudd

at 6:00 PM anna said...

Your blog is great! It's hard to find blogs with good content and people talking about Msdn these days! I have a secret Msdn Exposed if you want to come check it out

at 10:49 AM 10 Best Home Based Business said...

Unique blog my friend, I can hardly wait to vist
this site again. I just worship the site its comes
from! Believe me in my extra time I'm consistently
looking up blogs like this.
I know that you love my work so, look up my 10 best home based business blog.

at 3:35 AM Scott A. Edwards said...

New Blog Submission Software Takes Total Domination To A whole New Level, And Allows Complete Control Over Any Market and Any Product You Sell.--Renders All Other Marketing Methods Totally Useless by Comparison"
Click here: FREE DEMO

at 2:20 PM Anonymous said...

ASDF is coming soon! Don't be left behind!

at 5:27 PM Anonymous said...

This isn't bad, but I wish there were more folks out there that could provide. Thanks.
-Piano Guru
learn to play piano