Thursday, March 17, 2005

I've heard the term crossing boundaries in a couple of different Web Services sessions so far and it seems that this term "cross boundaries" needs to have some context applied. Web Services help us to cross many boundaries, such as geography, application, business and even legal. Let's look at each of these in more detail:

  • Geographic boundaries: The Web Services model allows us to easily communicate across machine boundaries and land boundaries. The more interesting one here is how easily we can now cross land boundaries when those boundaries are with countries with whom spoken communications are extremely complex and may require human translators.
  • Application boundaries: This is probably the most commonly held view of the types of boundaries that need to be cross with Web Services. Web Services can be used to allow one application to pass data to another application regardless of the receiver's hardware platform or application architecture.
  • Business boundaries: Often times crossing a business boundary can be more difficult than passing across a geographic or application boundary. Businesses are very conservative about allowing data to pass in or out of its domain; even across departments. There are good security reasons for controlling this, but politics play just as important role as security for definition of these boundaries. Web Services allows each business entity to create well-known interfaces for passing data in and out.
  • Legal boundaries: Government agencies best represent this class of boundaries. Moving data between different government's customs departments for faster processing of transporting goods or, as is the case within the US, passing data between intelligence agencies can be construed as unconstitutional. Web Services are now being accepted as an acceptable means for moving data across these legal boundaries.
There's enough meat here to write a few chapters in a book about SOA, but it seem like a good blog entry as long as I summed the issues quickly.

11:00 AM

14 comments:

at 7:50 AM Anonymous said...

Great site about business web site design Keep up the good work! website design bathurst

at 6:42 PM Anonymous said...

Happy to have found your blog. I was in the mood for a web site design related site, but not a bad find.

at 1:18 AM Anonymous said...

Blogging for burner dvd free software is more than a hobby for me. Sometimes I'll find a blog I like and just post. Might not be my interest, but it's fun anyhow. I typed in http://www.free-software-directory.com the other day and got some really good blogs to. You just never know. Have a good one!

at 6:33 AM Anonymous said...

Hi, As part of some work I'm doing for a client, I need to talk to people who try to make friends on the internet and who often search the web for related information. The research is mostly based around keyword ('im bored' for example) selection. I've contacted people using im bored but I need to contact more. Can you suggest where else to look?
TIA

at 5:49 AM Anonymous said...

for custom website design solutions Please visit custom website design

Thanks

at 5:58 AM Anonymous said...

This is an excellent blog. Keep it going.You are providing
a great resource on the Internet here!
If you have a moment, please take a look at my make money with robert allen site.
Have a great week!

at 2:35 AM Anonymous said...

a great opportunity, no selling, no phoning, no recruiting PERIOD!

at 5:37 PM Anonymous said...

Hey you have a grea blog here I'm definitely going to bookmark you!
web site development software I have a web development site with a blog about development, web design, hosting and moreweb site development software Come check it out if you get time!

at 5:04 PM Anonymous said...

Great blog....now...ADVICE TIME!! - If you need more web site traffic tool then congratulations I've come to the right place, try web site traffic tool - this is the best place online to get massive volumes of internet traffic back to your blog for blog publicity purposes. Within a week I had trippled my volume of traffic - Signup is free and before you know it you will flying up the Google search egine - guaranteed!! - Signup is free you have nothing to lose. Best of luck with it and continued success with your blog!!

at 12:53 AM Anonymous said...

Nice blog!! I'm into cheap web site traffic and to drive traffic to my website I signed up free for this superb traffic gereating tool - I now have loads of hits to my websites and blogs. This can see your affiliate commission shoot through the roof - meaning lots of extra money coming in for you and your family. Sign up now - it's free.. Best of luck, cheers for now, dave.

at 5:27 AM Anonymous said...

Hi

Sorry to intrude but I saw your blog, noticed you have anonymous posting enabled and thought you might be interested in this great search engine optimization tool for your blog and website (if you have one) that a techi mate recommended to me. Apparently it's all the rage in the IT arena.

I am involved in web site affiliate program and I've found the best way of promoting my blogs and websites is The amazing link referral program. Don't worry it is absolutely free to join and you can generate visitors to your site by visiting others. It is really quick and easy to set up and the traffic you generate will help your website increase in google ranking. Give it a go now!!

I have generated amazing traffic from this program - increasing my affiliate sales and cannot recommend this enough. Believe me, if you have tried all the other programs on the market that you have had to pay for then you realise this one is the best - and it's free!!!

Best of luck with the blog!! I hope you get as much out of this program as I have ;-)

at 3:47 AM Anonymous said...

.





Hi matey

I'm sure it was this blog I was reading a while back where someone was looking for an SEO tool for driving more traffic and get more hits for their website.

Anyway, I was speaking to a techi guy at work who gets to know all the latest stuff and he uses the free Link Referral Program.

His website on affiliate sales program amongst other stuff has seen traffic explode since he started using the Link Referral Program - consequently his affiliate sales commissions and business sales went through the roof PLUS his website increased in google ranking which was an added bonus!!

If anyone else has any good ideas for driving more traffic to blogs/websites then please share with your online business blog buddies. Ta ;-)










.

at 12:44 PM Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a domain appraisel
site. It pretty much covers ##KEYWORD## related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

at 1:40 PM Anonymous said...

black mold exposure,
black mold symptoms of exposure,

wrought iron garden gates,
your nest iron garden gates, here,

hair styles for fine thin hair,
search hair styles for fine thin hair,

night vision binoculars,
buy, night vision binoculars,

lipitor reactions,
lipitor reactions,


luxury beach resort in the philippines,
beach resort in the philippines,

homeopathy for baby eczema.,
homeopathy for eczema learn about it.,

save big with great mineral makeup bargains,
companies marketing mineral makeups,